Visualization and Leaping Out of Your Comfort Zone with Pam Reed
Today is Pam Reed’s 54th Birthday. She celebrated by going on a 20-mile run and joining The Nation. She has completed over 110 ultramarathons with a list of amazing accomplishments:
- First person to complete a 300-mile run without sleep (in slightly less than 80 hours)
- 2003 set the women’s record for the USATF 24-hour track run
- Only woman to have won Badwater 135 outright (did it twice!)
- Author of the book, “The Extra Mile: One Woman’s Personal Journey to Ultrarunning Greatness”
- Get the audio book for Free using the coupon code: TRNation at Audible
She recently finished The Arrowhead 135 that takes place in the coldest part of winter in the coldest city in the lower 48 states, Northern Minnesota). The average finish rate is less than 50%. She finished 15th overall and 2nd Female!
Pam joins The Nation to discuss how visualization has aided her to successfully completing over 110 ultramarathons. She discusses how to step outside your comfort zone and attempt something hard.
Check out her interview with David Letterman