Regardless where you live in the world, we all enjoy our sport on public lands. In the U.S.A., we have over 640 million acres (259 million hectares) of public lands. These lands are managed for us by many different federal agencies. Quietly, there are deals being made that will transfer this management from the federal to the state level. WHY DOES THIS MATTER?
Ultrarunner, Emily Peterson joins The Nation to help us
- understand what and how this is going on,
- why we should care,
- where we can get more information and
- how we can make our voices heard and
- how we can keep these lands available to our community
Regardless of where you live, we need to help protect and preserve our outdoor trails. Become informed and take action.
- Run Wild Instagram
- Run Wild t-shirt fund raiser
- Outdoor Industry Association referenced report specific to Utah
- Patagonia’s produced video regarding Bear’s Ears National Monument
- Outside Magazine’s article
- Run Wild Website
- An example of HOW being involved can help
- Join the Run-in on Earth Day, April 22. Go for a run, post a photo and tag #runwild #TRN