Jay Dicharry – Make running more fun!
Jay Dicharry literally wrote the book on running gait assessments: he is author of “Anatomy for Runners”, writes columns for numerous magazines, and has published over a dozen professional journal articles and three book chapters. With a Masters of Physical Therapy, Jay built his international reputation as an expert in biomechanical analysis as Director of the SPEED Clinic at the University of Virginia. He now resides in Bend, OR where he works for Rebound Physical Therapy helping professional athletes as well as the novice to become more efficient in their running and finding more joy in their performances.
We talk to Jay about
- What is the right shoe for you? How many pairs should you have?
- His book that teaches us how to pre-screen your injury and find out the cause of the injury
- Rethink how you spend your training time-budget: by adding gym / strength training
- Should we do running drills or exercises that can help our form?
- What can you do new in your training that will give variety?
Be sure to find out more by reading his BLOG.
Closing Song: “Go it Alone” by Beck
You can find us on iTunes or listen by using the player below.