Ultra Trail Running Culture – Bob Crowley- Part 1
Ultra Trail Running is distinctly different in culture and mental preparation than other running or endurance sports. Veteran Trail Ultra Runner, Bob Crowley, visits with the Nation about what is unique about this sports culture.
- Is there a difference between “doing” an ultra run and “being” an ultra runner?
- What are some of the tenets of the trail running culture?
- Are we losing the ultra trail running culture with the mass appeal and participation recently?
- How can we keep the culture?
- How does this culture helps us prepare mentally for the experiences that accompany a long trail race
Link to Bob’s previous podcast: “Bob Crowley & Josh Katzman – Trail Running Culture, Are We at Risk of Losing it?”
An interesting perspective from Geoff Roes in his article, “Ultrarunning is Dead”
Join the Trail Animals Running Club
“Race Course in Review” by Vasque Running Shoes