The GoLite Dart Lite shoe is advertised as a low-drop, trail running shoe:
- Upper: breathable mesh
- Insole: versatile PreciseFit™ system that can be customized for narrow, medium and wide feet by inserting or removing insole components
- Midsole: EVA cushion protection from rocks
- Outsole: Gripstick™ rubber for traction and durability
- Outsole: Sticky Gecko outsole with over 350 mini-lugs, grips on all surfaces including wet and snow
- Zero Drop construction for superior balance- there is no heel lift just as if you were barefoot
- Rock Absorber construction where the softer part is against the ground while the foot rests on a stable frame for maximum stability
- I could not find any data on how many mm drop there was. My guess is 4-5 mm
Out of the box, I felt these shoes were WAY too big and that I should have ordered a smaller size. After reading and understanding the PreciseFit™ system and adjusting the shoe, it felt much better.
There are two separate insole adapters that can be integrated into the insole to make the shoe fit different width feet.
Although this is a low-drop shoe, it should not be confused as being a minimalist shoe. The weight is similar to a traditional trail shoe and it has good rock protection. I found it very comfortable and performed well on dry dirt trails. The tread on the bottom is not very aggressive and I found that it slipped around a lot in the mud and snow.
However, it did have very good grip on the wet rocks at stream crossings and drained very quickly. The lacing system on these shoes is VERY easy to adjust and the laces stay tied!
- Customize-able for different width feet
- Comfortable, breathable, well draining upper
- Easy to adjust lacing and they stay tied!
- Low-drop, but still has very good protection
- Very good traction on wet hard surfaces
- Durable construction
- Tread on the bottom should not be used for muddy or snowy trails
Join the discussion