Karl Meltzer is the record holder for the most 100-mile trail wins and most 100-mile wins in one season. He joined the Nation with a studio audience the day before Way Too Cool 50K to discuss his race strategies:
- How does he break up a 100-mile race
- How does he alter his training when he is injured
- How has his training changed over the years
- His multi-day records and upcoming attempt to break the 2200-mile Appalachian Trail record
- How is a multi-day race different mentally and physically from a 100-mile race
He also talks about Wings For Life World Run coming up on May 4th. 100% of the $50 race fee goes to find a cure for spinal cord injuries.
Check out this video of Karl’s Red Bull Human Express, his 2064-mile Pony Express record run in 2010.
“Race Course in Review” by Vasque Running Shoes
Leave a Reply to STU Cancel reply