In this Training Principles episode, we dive into the topic of recovery. Krissy Moehl, Sean Meissner, Dr. Matt Laye, and Kerry Gustafson share their expertise on how to properly recover after a run or race.
Some key takeaways from the show include:
- Should you stretch and foam roll?
- Are there benefits of using a compression sock or compression clothing
- Are there benefits of ice baths or contrast water therapy
- The role of nutrition in recovery
- What about massage
- The use of active recovery techniques
We also discuss common recovery mistakes that runners make and how to avoid them. Overall, the goal of the episode is to provide listeners with practical tips and strategies for recovering effectively after a run or race, to prevent injury and improve performance.
Links that you might find useful:
- Krissy Moehl’s coaching
- Krissy’s book, Running Your First Ultra
- Sean Meissner’s coaching
- Sean’s race Peterson Ridge Rumble 40mi/20mi in Oregon
- Prime Sports Institute in Bellingham, WA
- Prime Sports Institute videos that can help you recover
Don’t forget to check out our website and social media channels for more trail running tips and inspiration. Happy Trails!
Join the discussion