Internationally recognized sports psychology and coach, Dr. Jim Taylor, joins The Nation to discuss his recent four-part blog series of the Fear of Failure. We discuss the most common fears of failure:
- They will disappoint parents
- friends will no longer like them
- will be ostracized by their peer group
- will experience embarrassment or shame
- will be worthless people
- all their efforts will be a waste of time
- will experience the devastation of not achieving their goals.
He then explains how we can break out of these fears to reach “total success”.
This is the second time Dr. Taylor has joined The Nation. Here is his first podcast on how to deal with pain in an endurance event.