Trail Runner Nation friend and frequent guest, Dr. Phil Maffetone, helps us understand that health isn’t a simple byproduct of fitness; that fitness can be improved with better health. He explains how we can become healthier and more fit athletes. We refer to an article, “Athletes: Fit but Unhealthy”.
Keep listening past the credits for a song from Phil’s most recent album, Outlier. Learn more about Phil Maffetone’s MUSIC
We had a fun Bonus Miles discussion with Phil that you can access as a Patreon Ambassador level or higher.
Support the podcast by supporting these great partners:
- Athletic Green’s AG-1
- XO Skin‘s ‘Socktober’ sale. Use code ‘TRN15’ for discounts on non-sale items
- Native Deodorant and use the code ‘Trail’ for 20% off your first order
- Other deals here
Previous episodes with Dr. Maffetone:
- Get Stronger with Dr. Phil Maffetone
- Why is Weight-Loss so Difficult Even for Runners? Dr. Phil Maffetone
- Daydreaming is Healthy for Runners
- Dr. Phil Maffetone Unplugged
- Dr. Phil Maffetone was RIGHT all along!
- Take Your Shirt Off and Get Some Vitamin D – with Dr. Phil Maffetone
- Phil Maffetone: How can Rhythm Improve Your Efficiency?
- Breaking the 1:59 marathon with Dr. Phil Maffetone
- Dr. Phil Maffetone – Building a Better Athletic Brain
- Phil Maffetone transcribed!
- Eat to Win with Dr. Phil Maffetone.
- Dr. Phil Maffetone – Speed up by slowing down